The Dumb Friends League offers affordable spay/neuter services to all owned, pet cats and feral/community cats. We are able to offer these services thanks to the generosity of our donors. We are not able to provide these services for-profit breeders, or rescue groups at this time. We recommend that tame, friendly cats without owners be taken to an animal shelter for adoption.
- Your cat must be 2 months old and weigh 2 lbs for spay/neuter surgery.
- Pets 8 years and older require bloodwork prior to surgery. Please visit your regular Veterinarian to obtain bloodwork prior to scheduling. This service is also available through the Dumb Friends League Veterinary Hospital for an additional fee. You may contact the hospital at 303.722.5800 for more information.
The spay/neuter calendar is opened several weeks in advance. If you are trying to book an appointment and do not see anything available, it means that our calendar is full. Please keep checking back for availability, as cancelations happen and appointments may become available.
Owned pet cats
- Spay surgery $50 – fee includes vaccines for rabies and distemper
- Neuter surgery $25 – fee includes vaccines for rabies and distemper
- Microchips $25
- Spay/Neuter surgery is Free – includes vaccines for rabies and distemper
- All feral cats must be brought in a humane trap
- All feral cats will receive an ear tip
If you have a tame cat and live in one of our priority zip codes below, please visit our MetroCat team page, as fees for these clients are waived.
80204 (Valverde/Barnum) • 80216 (Globeville/Elyria-Swansea) • 80219 (Westwood) • 80223 (Ruby Hill) • 80239 (Montbello)
Please be advised that the CSU Spur campus is still under construction. Our building is located on the north side of the campus.
Coming from the south:
SOUTH ROAD CLOSURES ON TUESDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS THROUGH AUGUST 31st
From 46th Ave, turn left (north) onto National Western Dr. Continue between the two large buildings under construction. At the stop sign turn left onto Bettie Cram Dr. We are housed in the Vida Building, which will be on your right. The entrance is on the west side of the building.
Coming from the north: From 58th Avenue heading west, go past Washington St. and turn right onto Franklin St. which turns into National Western Dr. at the street light at Race Ct.; continue going straight. Continue another ¼ mile to the end of the road. We are on the northwest corner of National Western Dr. and Bettie Cram Dr.
There is limited parking on Bettie Cram Dr., with additional parking in the parking lot off National Western Dr. on the west side of the building. The entrance to the spay/neuter clinic is also located on the west side of the building. Follow the Dumb Friends League signs to the spay/neuter clinic lobby. Check-in will take place on the 2nd floor (elevator is available).
4817 National Western Dr.
Denver, CO 80216
Payment is due at the time of service; cash, check and cards are accepted.
Appointments are available on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Drop-off time for surgery is staggered between 7-8 a.m. to improve social distancing.
You will be given a discharge time when you drop off in the morning. Pick-up time varies as early as 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. and depends on the surgery schedule each day.
General Questions: 303.722.5800